Rick and Morty BD Card and Life Update!

What's up Crafty Friends!?


So, I'm super sorry about the long hiatus, I was very pregnant and didn't have a lot of crafty mojo there for a few months. 
Little Miss Luna finally decided to make her appearance on July 27th at 9:37 PM. Her daddy was lucky enough to be allowed to deliver her (under Dr's supervision) and was instantly surrounded in love by so many family members.

Now that almost 2 months have gone by, I'm starting to get back in my groove. Perfect timing too, because my order from Ink Road Stamps came in a few days ago! As soon as I got my hands on the new Rick and Morty sets Let's Get Riggity Riggity Wrecked and Get Shwifty I knew I wanted to make a portal card! So I grabbed my Distress Oxides in Fossilized Amber,

Mowed Lawn,

And Rustic Wilderness, and proceeded to apply the first 2 to a scrap piece of cardstock in a swirl and the Rustic Wilderness in blotches.

Next I wanted to created the splotches of white, so I splattered my background with water and let it oxidize.
To add a little extra something to my portal I grabbed out my Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Citron and tapped some splatters of that as well.
I don't think I've ever been so proud of a background ☺️ πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’š
After that, I cut down my portal to 3¾in x 5in (as big as the scrap would allow) and created a card base out of black cardstock that measured 4in x 5¼in. For my sentiment I tore a piece of vellum wide enough to fit across my card and heated embossed "Happy Birthday" in a mix of gold and black powder.
To give my card panel a little bit of emphasis I inked around the edges of it and my sentiment (which I wrapped around the bottom and adhered on the back) in Rustic Wilderness and black inks.
I stamped Rick and Morty on a separate piece of scrap paper and color them up with alcohol markers. After they were fussy cut out I added them above my happy birthday sentiment.

Lastly, I bumped the whole panel up on something thin craft foam, added a few enamel dots, and attached it to my card base.
To finish off the card, I heat embossed the phrase "Let's Get Riggity Riggity Wrecked" in white embossing powder and added a stamped, colored, and fussy cut Pickle Rick to the inside of my card.
πŸ’šπŸ§«πŸ’›πŸ§ͺπŸ’šπŸ›ΈπŸ’›πŸ‘¨πŸΌ‍πŸ”¬πŸ’›πŸ›ΈπŸ’šπŸ§ͺπŸ’›πŸ§«πŸ’š
These stamp sets are so freaking fun to work with and I can't wait to make a bunch more projects. 
If you are not a member of the Ink Roadies Facebook Group I highly recommend you join! I pitched the idea of some Rick and Morty stamp sets over there and 10 weeks later they were in my mailbox! Lara is so awesome, and always looking for new ideas for stamp sets.


Comments

  1. joyful congratulations to you, your husband, and all of your loved ones on the endless precious new addition to your family.

    Wishing you all a super safe, happy, and festively fun fall!

    Autumn Zenith πŸŽƒ Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

πŸŽ„πŸ’€12 Days of CreepmasπŸ’€πŸŽ„

πŸ’€πŸŽ„12Days of Creepmas BlogHopπŸŽ„πŸ’€

🐻❤Doodle Daisies and Ink Blog Hop❤🐻