Get Your Mojo Back with Oddball Stamps and Challenges

Hey Crafty Gems!


I hope all is well! I'm sorry I haven't posted many projects lately; Life just keeps throwing me curve balls. Fortunately, this week I've felt pretty good and I've been itching to get back into my crafty mess! Perfect timing, too, because Oddball Stamps is hosting a fun slump busting challenge over on the website!


This week's challenge is 7 ATC's in 7 Days. I'm a bit behind, but I'm still super eager to join in and get my creative juices flowing. I started by prepping a Push Ups icecream box with Gesso, wall texture, and matte medium for all 7 of my cards. This, watercolor and Oddball Stamps, are literally the only things I really repeat on each ATC. There are different jumping off points for each of the 7 days so I don't want to worry myself trying to make them coordinate, nor did I want to prep a card each day.
So, Day 2's prompt is "Smash Something" which is perfect because my running resolution is to use up my stash, and I just happen to have a whole box of Oddball Stamps printed colored, and fussy cut, but never made it onto a project.
So I snagged these little guys from the Rolling with My Gnomes stamp #461 and went over what was already watercolored with a little bit of colored pencils for depth. I also had made myself a little list of things I'd like to accomplish this week, and luckily some of the prompts overlap 😁. Anyway, after recoloring the images I wanted to use, I pulled out a couple of stamp sets from my stash and Stazon to start the background.
Then I grabbed my Vicki Boutin watercolor tubes and painted the background. I also cut all the white from my images so they would look the part of the scene I was creating.
When it was was nice and dry splattered it with Heidi Swapp color shine in gold. I also added a little diecut grass piece the the bottom of the card for the gnomes to sit in.
I wanted a little bit more texture to the card, so I grabbed my bag'o'wall-texture and sifted out some bigger chunks, and threw em in the left over watercolors from the background.
I glued down my Gnomies with some tacky glue as well as that little star (also an Oddball Stamp but I have no idea what set it came from, maybe "We're here for the baby" ? ) and a bundle of thread behind it to make it look glowy.
Then I used matte medium to stick down my stones and stamped a few fireflies in the background.
After everything was set, I went into my Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers and created my sentiment. Lastly I went around the words and card with a black marker. I dig the way it came out, although I kind of want to add more. 🀷🏾‍♀️ What do you think? I suppose there is always another ATC to be made.........
Make sure to join in our fun challenges and if you're interested in this stamp set or any others, head to the Oddball Stamps store using my codes CEL1 for BOGO 50% any Digi! 


Comments

  1. So fun! I really enjoyed reading thru your process. Felt like I was sitting at your craft table with you intently listening to your every word.... Perfect description and process pics!! I LOVE that ATC... I couldn't agree with that sentiment more!! πŸ’―πŸ’œπŸ˜πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously adorable! Somehow Gnomes + (how shall we say) extra special herbs seem like a surprisingly natural match, lol!

    Wishing you far fewer curveballs and much more serene days ahead as we gear up for february.

    Autumn Zenith 🧑 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

πŸŽ„πŸ’€12 Days of CreepmasπŸ’€πŸŽ„

πŸ’€πŸŽ„12Days of Creepmas BlogHopπŸŽ„πŸ’€

🐻❤Doodle Daisies and Ink Blog Hop❤🐻