October Daily Day 2 with Oddball Art Stamps

 Hey there Crafty Gems! 

Now that Spooky Month has wrapped up, I'm beginning to add photos and embellishments to my October Daily junk journal for 2020. The 2nd is my son's birthday and he's just as spooky obsessed as I am, so I made him some orange coloured pancakes for breakfast and decorated his homeschooling space to celebrate! 

Serendipitously, this weeks Edition of the Creepy Cute Chronicles is this adorable the Maple Monster, along with syrup and leaves, so I had to use them on this pancake page! I colored my monster, syrup and pancakes (from a Stampabilities set from Hobby Lobby) with colored pencils and fussy cut them out. I tried to use coloured pencils for the leaves but I couldn't get the right blending I was looking for so i decided to wet the whole leaves section and bloop Autumn colors around to give the leaves a perfect mid-change effect.


After fussy cutting out the leaves, I grabbed some stamped labels from my stash and did a border of stitching around the paper pocket that I had prepared previously when setting up my junk journal. I couldn't find my photo paper so I printed some shots of my little man's breakfast and him eating it watching a Halloween specials on some cardstock like a film strip and mounted it on some orange paper and added a stamped page tab to the top.

Using the labels and a few bunches of thread, I made a little nest for my Maple Monster and tucked him in. Then I just glued down my syrup and pancakes where I wanted them and nestled them in with some leaves. 

I used sticker and stamps to create my title and then sprinkled some leaves across the pocket and added some rhinestones and enamel dots. To emphasize that you can pull out the film strip, I topped it with an old date stamp. I also added Tim Holtz tiny word stickers to the photos and gel penned around them.

I think this page came out so cute and Autumny- I love it! Make sure you're signed up for the Creepy Cute Chronicles to receive free stamps every Friday or take it to the next levels and receive even more images on a weekly and monthly basis! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ’€12 Days of Creepmas๐Ÿ’€๐ŸŽ„

๐Ÿ’€๐ŸŽ„12Days of Creepmas BlogHop๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ’€

๐Ÿป❤Doodle Daisies and Ink Blog Hop❤๐Ÿป